Translate

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Considerateable

I like to consider myself a considerate person with considerable powers of consideration.

As an example, take this morning, I had just turned onto the Winsley by-pass when I thought that I had forgotten to pack my wallet in my incredible-top-of-the-line BikeBins™. It occurred to me that if I got killed on the roads I wouldn't have my organ donor card on me, and it maybe too late to help someone by the time the emergency services found my family, which they would of had a hard time, due to there being no wallet in my panniers-of-the-future, my BikeBins™.

I then spent a couple of seconds feeling a bit sorry for my unclaimed mangled corpse lying in a morgue somewhere.

I slowed to a halt and checked to see if the wallet was there; it was, so I rode on.

It only occurred to me about ten minutes later that I had happily accepted my inevitable fate that I would be mashed to death on the road at some point, and that I didn't want to inconvenience anyone on a transplant waiting list too much.

Our world view distorts and changes to make sense of the madness around us, if it doesn't you'll go mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment